Original Source: The Farm Traveler
Ep. 135: Bee Vectoring Technology
Ashish Malik is with Bee Vectoring Technology, a company revolutionizing how fungicide can be delivered to crops. In our interview today, Ashish and I chat about his background, how BVT’s creation works with bees to help crops, and how this can be used to help address sustainability in agriculture. Below is a video as well as some pictures that describe the technology in action.
Below features a quick interview from our coverage at the Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference where we spoke with some representatives from BVT.
– Ashish’s Background
– BVT – Bee Vectoring Technologies
– What was the development process like?
– How does this affect bee health?
– Difference between Bumble Bees and Honey Bees
– The inspiration behind BVT?
– Issues facing bees and using them to help with crops
– How does this technology help address sustainability?
– Can you still use the bee honey after it uses this fungicide?
– Your thoughts on “Bee drones” technology
– Can this be used on all crops around the world?
– What’s the future of BVT?
– What long-term impact can this have on crops and farmers?