Michael Collinson of Bee Vectoring Technologies – Nature’s Solution To Healthy Crops
Courtesy of: Impact Hustlers
Published: August 23, 2019
Michael Collinson is the Chairman of Bee Vectoring Technologies (BVT) a complete pest and disease management solutions to help growers improve their crop quality.
- Bee colony collapse is caused by multiple issues and mortality rates are not sustainable
- “Employing” Bumble Bees and Honey Bees to deliver an organic solution for plants
- Discovering a fungus that acts as the penicillin for plants
- Going through the EPA registration process because that is where the value lies
- Benefits of their solution vs other pesticides
- How BVT works with farmers to test the product
- Future of agriculture
- BVT grown products in 10 years
[02:05] How big is the problem of bee colony collapse?
[03:10] How BVT works with bees?
[05:45] How was the solution discovered?
[06:30] Where you are on your journey
[10:00] Biggest concern from farmers
[12:00] Why use bumble bees?
[13:00] BVT’s business model
[15:00] Future of farming
[16:40] Regulatory process and working with growers
BVT website – http://www.beevt.com/
Michael Collinson’s Linkedin- https://uk.linkedin.com/in/michael-collinson-24b75714